Friday, May 13, 2011

The Art of the Movie Poster: Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)

Of course I couldn't let today go by here at Moon in the Gutter without paying at least a small tribute to one of the pivotal series of my teen years, Friday the
13th
. Today is a bit special as we are just past the thirtieth anniversary of my favorite of the series, Friday the 13th Part 2, a film that opened back on May 1st, 1981. Along with being my favorite chapter, Part 2 also featured my favorite poster design of the bloody saga. Of the several that were used for the film during its worldwide release, this wonderfully minimal version still remains one of my all-time favorite film posters. There is something so straightforward and downright daring about it and it remains quite stunning for its raw simplicity.



Of the other poster designs Friday the 13th Part 2 had, my second favorite is this import featuring iconic final girl Amy Steel, so I thought I would share it here as well.



Happy Friday the 13th to everyone! Curl up this evening with your favorite film of the series, if you have one, or another fright film that thrills as much as chills you.

No comments:

Post a Comment