Monday, August 22, 2011

Ten Favorites from Jerry Leiber

One of the most important figures in the history of American Popular Music has passed away at the age of 78. There certainly isn't anything I can write about how much of a giant lyricist and songwriter Jerry Leiber was, that hasn't been said a million times over, so I thought in tribute I would just present ten personal favorites of mine. Without Jerry Leiber, Rock music would have been quite a tamer beast. A mighty salute to a truly great artist.



Jeff Buckley: "Alligator Wine"







The Diamonds: "Black Denim Trousers and Motorcycle Boots"







Elvis Presley: "Bossa Nova Baby"







Tom Jones: "I Who Have Nothing"







PJ Harvey: "Is That All There Is?"







Elvis Presley: "Just Tell her Jim Said Hello"







Elvis Presley: "Loving You"







Bjork: "Ruby Baby"







Elvis Presley: "Trouble"







Bryan Ferry: "You're so Square, Baby I Don't Care"



No comments:

Post a Comment